- Contexts for Learning
- The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
At Lingfield Primary School, high importance is placed upon Physical Education. Each pupil from Reception through to Year 6 receives a targeted 2 hours of high quality Physical Education per week. The majority of Physical Education lessons are taught by subject specialist teachers that aspire to pass their enthusiasm and passion for physical activity on to the pupils.
The aims of Physical Education at Lingfield Primary School are:
- That all pupils experience a wide ranging and diverse Physical Education curriculum.
- Promote the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle and highlight the benefits of physical activity on the body.
- Provide extra-curricular opportunities for pupils to pursue their interests in sport and physical activity.
- Develop student’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural experiences through a variety of sporting activities and competitive experiences.
- Enable pupils to work independently and as part of a team in varied activities.
- To establish and develop community with sporting agencies where pupils can further participate and fulfill their sporting potential.
- We believe that physical education and sport contribute to the development of the whole child and through participation in sport and physical education, children
- learn more about key values such as teamwork, fair play and respect for themselves and others.
There is significant evidence to show the positive effects of sport and exercise on children’s physical health, growth and development. Furthermore, sport also provides a healthy environment for young people to learn how to deal with competition and how to cope with both winning and losing.